This is a very good news for the G Suite users! You can now attach emails to other emails in Gmail without downloading them first. It can save a lot of time to get connect with the recipients. So, let’s see how its work!
To insert emails in a new thread, drag and drop them into the draft window.
Another way to insert emails in a new thread is to select the emails and then from the overflow (three-dot) menu select “Forward as attachment”.
To reply to an existing thread, you can pop-out the compose window and then drag and drop emails to it.
How to get started?
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: You’ll know this feature is available to you when you see the “Forward as attachment” option in the three-dot More menu. Click HERE if you need more info.
- The attached email becomes a .eml file.
- You can attach as many emails as you’d like.
- When you click on a .eml email attachment, it will open in a new window.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on December 9th, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 6, 2020
G Suite editions
- Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
- This feature will be ON by default.
Source: G Suite Update Google Blog