09:30 – 17:30
(Total 8 training hours)
2/F, The Whitney, 183 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong (Online class available)
Cantonese, Supplemented with English terminology
Course Name: Preparing for the Associate Cloud Engineer Exam
Certificate: A minimum of 70% attendance rate is required for awarding of a completion certificate
Application Deadline: 7 days before the course
Remark: Please Bring your own laptop (BYOD) to classes.
What Will You Achieve
- List the five domains covered on the Associate Cloud Engineer certification exam.
- Identify gaps in your knowledge and skills for each domain and create a study plan.
Who Is This Course For?
This course helps learners create a study plan for the ACE (Associate Cloud Engineer) certification exam. Learners explore the breadth and scope of the domains covered in the exam. Learners assess their exam readiness and create their individual study plan.
Have 6 months or more experience in the role of Associate Cloud engineer, or have equivalent experience.
- Role of an Associate Cloud Engineer and scenario introduction*
- Certification value and benefits
- Certification process
Scenario: starting the process to migrate from on-premises to Google Cloud by setting up a solution environment.
Creating projects, assigning IAM roles, enabling APIs, provisioning logging/monitoring workspaces, managing billing, installing command-line tools.
- Scenario: understanding the Cloud Engineer’s role in planning and configuring a solution in Google Cloud.
- Estimating pricing, planning compute, data storage, and network resources.
- Scenario: continuing to explore the Associate Cloud Engineer’s role in helping the organization explore options for deploying and implementing a solution.
- Differentiating and deploying among compute options including Compute Engine, GKE, App Engine, Cloud Run, and Cloud Functions.
- Differentiating and deploying among storage and data options including Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud Bigtable, Cloud Spanner, BigQuery, and Pub/Sub.
- Differentiating and deploying among networking options including VPC, firewall rules, interconnect options (VPN), and load balancer options.
- Scenario: now that the organization’s cloud solution has been deployed, continue to explore the Associate Cloud Engineer’s role in operations of the cloud solution.
- Managing and adjusting the configuration of compute resources, and understanding cost implications.
- Managing and adjusting the configuration of storage and data resources, and understanding cost implications.
- Managing and adjusting the configuration of network resources, and understanding cost implications.
- Scenario: configuring access is a key part of administering a cloud solution. This final section of the scenario introduces the Associate Cloud Engineer’s role in configuring access and security of project resources.
- Managing IAM and service accounts.
- Viewing project audit logs.
- Finalizing your study plan
- Creating a weekly study sheet
- Registering for the exam