Course Name: Getting started with Google Kubernetes Engine
Trainer: Zorro Cheng
Certificate: A minimum of 70% attendance rate is required for awarding of a completion certificate
Remark: Please Bring your own laptop (BYOD) to classes.
What Will You Achieve
- Understand how software containers work.
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes.
- Understand the architecture of Google Cloud.
- Understand how pod networking works in Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Create and manage Kubernetes Engine clusters using the Google Cloud Console and gcloud/kubectl commands.
Who Is This Course For?
- Application developers, Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, IT managers
- Individuals using Google Cloud to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with the Google Cloud.
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments, as well as Web server technologies such as Nginx
- Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment
- Use the Google Cloud Console
- Use Cloud Shell
- Define Cloud Computing
- Identify Google Cloud compute services
- Understand Regions and Zones
- Understand the Cloud Resource Hierarchy
- Administer your Google Cloud Resources
- Create a Container Using Cloud Build
- Store a Container in Container Registry
- Understand the Relationship Between Kubernetes and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Understand how to Choose Among Google Cloud Compute Platforms
- Understand the Architecture of Kubernetes: Pods, Namespaces
- Understand the Control-plane Components of Kubernetes
- Create Container Images using Cloud Build
- Store Container Images in Container Registry
- Create a Kubernetes Engine Cluster
- The kubectl Command
- Introduction to Deployments
- Pod Networking
- Volumes Overview