Whether you are a business or an individual, effective communication and productivity are always crucial for achieving the best working performance. With Google Workspace to make professional communication, Gmail has long been a popular choice, offering a robust set of features and a user-friendly interface. Google unveils exciting updates and enhancements designed to streamline workflows and enhance productivity within the Gmail ecosystem.
In this article, we will explore the latest additions to Gmail and how it empowers users to work smarter and manage emails more efficiently.
So, let’s dive in and discover the exciting new possibilities that await us in the world of Gmail.
1. Draft an email in Google Docs
Google Docs and Gmail are a match made in productivity heaven! With Docs, you can create and edit emails using a template that easily converts to Gmail when you’re ready. That means you can draft responses, collaborate with others, and even track changes — all in Docs — until you’re ready to send it from Gmail.
- On your computer, open the Docs home screen at docs.google.com. In the top left, under “Start a new document,” click Blank.
- Click on the “Email draft” building block button, which you will see at the top of the blank Doc. You can also insert an email draft by typing “@email draft” and selecting the “Email draft” building block. Or, click on the “Insert” menu and select “Building blocks.” Then, select “Email draft.”
- Add recipients in the “To” field by typing their email addresses. You can also type “@” and then start typing the name of a contact to search for them directly from your contacts.
- Fill out the “Subject” field.
- In the body of your email, type your message. You can collaborate with teammates in real time by making edits simultaneously and tracking changes, writing comments with feedback, and assigning actions for certain tasks. You can further refine your email with suggested edits. To save time, you can use Help Me Write to generate and refine a draft based on a simple prompt.
- Once you’ve drafted your email, click on the “Preview in Gmail” icon on the left side of the draft. This will open a new window in Gmail with your email draft pre-populated. If you need to make any changes, exit the window and make your edits in Docs before previewing again.
- When you are ready to send your email, click on the “Send” button in your Gmail draft.
And just like that, you’ve successfully used Google Docs to create a clear, concise, and error-free email in no time!
Want to learn more about other generative AI experiences?
2. Send emoji reactions in Gmail
Emojis are an easy and beloved way to react in messaging apps, especially if you can’t quite find the right words or don’t have time to type out a response. And now, Gmail is bringing the fun to your inbox.
With new emoji reactions in Gmail, you can quickly express yourself, those with personal Gmail accounts will see a smiley face icon appear below their messages on mobile and desktop. Click on it to select an emoji from the menu, then simply tap one to send. Or if another recipient already responded with the perfect emoji, just click that one to pile on.
3. Add emails to your Tasks to-do list in Gmail
Quick to create your to-do list and save your time searching back to the context – there’s a button to bring you back to the related message. Even better — you can add a date to your task, which will then allow it to show up on your calendar so you won’t forget.
- From your inbox, click on an email you’d like to add to your tasks. If you’re on your phone, make sure you’ve downloaded the Tasks app first.
- Click the “Add to tasks” icon at the top of your inbox. If you don’t see this option, click on the More options icon (the three dots) and select “Add to tasks.”
- Fill in the necessary information, including details and date/time.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that. But you can try an alternate method for adding emails to your Tasks to-do list on the web, too.
- From your inbox, open the Tasks panel on the right.
- Drag and drop a message from your inbox to the Tasks panel.
- Fill in the necessary information.
Now, you can easily arrange your work by Gmail!
4. Choose the best Gmail inbox type for your needs
If you’re looking for Gmail’s AI-powered features to do most of the sorting and filtering for you — you have a few different choices. One is the Default inbox setting, which automatically sorts your incoming messages into different tabs like Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates and Forums.
Another inbox type that uses AI to make your life easier is Gmail’s Priority inbox, which automatically segments your mail into three sections: Important and Unread, Starred and Everything else. The more you do things like respond to certain emails and mark items as important, the smarter your inbox will get about how to sort, thanks to machine learning algorithms.
If you’re into auto-sorted email but only want two sections max, try out the Important first, Unread first or Starred first inbox types.
- Open Gmail on your computer or mobile device.
- Click “Settings” at the upper right of your inbox, then “Inbox.” (If you’re on mobile, look for the three lines in the top left corner, then choose “Settings” and select your account.) Scroll to “Inbox type.”
- Customize your settings using the relevant fields, then click “Save changes.” (If you’re on mobile, you may need to select “Done.”)
Finally, if you have very particular inbox needs and want much more control over exactly what goes where, you can consider the Multiple inboxes structure. With multiple inboxes, you can create up to five labeled inboxes that let you see your messages laid out in a dashboard style by theme.
Explore more features of Google Workspace Enterprise
Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite) is an enterprise-level cloud-based collaboration tool provided by Google. Its enables businesses to connect and synchronize anytime, anywhere, through any device, so that teams can easily improve productivity and efficiency. With multiple tools to achieve the best collaboration of your business. Don’t hesitate to reach Master Concept to seek the best solution for you!
Master Concept is the first Google Cloud Premier Partner in Hong Kong and an outstanding Google Workspace (G Suite) distributor in the Asia Pacific region. Master Concept is a Premier Google Cloud partner in APAC and was awarded the Google Cloud – Work Transformation – Best Partner of the Year Award, and its achievements in assisting enterprises in digital transformation are highly recognized. Master Concept has assisted more than a thousand enterprises across various sizes and industries to introduce Google Workspace to their business and provides services such as consulting, technology introduction, data migration, and after-sales training to assist enterprises in their journey to the cloud.
Reference Gmail draft in Google Docs