Want to share a location visually?
Whether your office or branch locations, service points, machines, kiosks, or restaurants etc, map is an effective way to do it.
Three popular ways to use it:
1. Generate a custom map link to send users to the right location on maps.google.com
- Share a map link with the search path and include the location in the query parameter. Example:
- Search a building: https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=google%20office%20pasir%20panjang
2. Use the Static Maps API for a non-interactive snapshot of a location
- Like the option above, the Maps Static API also involves building a custom URL. Instead of sending the user directly to the URL, it’s used as the source in an HTML image tag and allows you to mark a location on your website, without the need to re-route to Google Maps.
- For example, here’s a map showing office location:
- <img src=”https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=centrepoint%20south%20mid%20valley%20city%20Malaysia&zoom=16&scale=2&size=640×400&markers=centrepoint%20south%20mid%20valley%20city%2059200%20Malaysia&key=YOUR_API_KEY”>
- You can find step by step instruction in this tutorial.
Source: Google Cloud Blog – Google Maps Platform